Casa Buonarroti

Posted by

This house dispalyed some Michelangelo young works: the Madonna della Scala and Battaglia dei centauri. With an entrance at n. 70 in Via Ghibellina, this home stands on the site of three houses, purchased by Michelangelo in 1508 where the entire family Buonarroti have studied and made projects to beautify it because it should contain Michelangelo’s works.

In 1859, it was opened to the public as a Museum, hosting the collections of art and archeology of Buonarroti family. Michelangelo himself desired a sumptuous building and the house was entirely finished until 1612 when Michelangelo the Younger made a singol house out of several family properties.